The White House on Thursday was standing firmly behind President Donald Trump's sweeping tariff rollout despite markets nosediving, businesses recoiling and foreign leaders threatening retaliation.
White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt is holding a press briefing at 12 p.m. The briefing comes as the trade wars launched by President Donald Trump continue to escalate. The president promised a “Liberation Day” coming on April 2 when he implements tariffs on goods imported to the U.S.
Last week, the White House said the National Security Council, the White House counsel office and President Trump adviser Elon Musk were all looking into the mishap. But now, that probe has wrapped
Her quotes capped off a remarkable, weeklong stretch that began after The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, reported that he’d been added to a Signal group chat with senior White House defense officials, including Waltz and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, in which the officials discussed plans to attack Houthi rebels in Yemen.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt will speak to reporters Tuesday afternoon, a day before President Trump’s tariffs on the Canada, Mexico, China and certain product imports, are
The White House plans to take over the seating chart for the press briefing room and will likely boot some legacy media outlets farther back, according to a report. It’s the Trump administration’s latest effort to shake up traditional media’s grip on White House coverage.
Explore more
After President Donald Trump said he is placing 25% tariffs on auto imports, the White House said the move will foster domestic manufacturing, but it could also put a financial squeeze on automakers that depend on global supply chains.
The Trump administration sought to put the scandal over its use of the Signal messaging app behind it on Monday, calling it case closed, even as the breach provoked bipartisan criticism and opened up divisions inside the White House.
The White House is frustrated with the “mess” of communications coming from Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Department of Health and Human Services, according to a report. Trump administration sources told Axios that Kennedy loyalist Stefanie Spear—his current deputy chief of staff and former presidential campaign press secretary—is being blamed for the department’s slow and unclear messaging.