Trump, Doug Emhoff and Willkie Farr & Gallagher
Digest more
Top News
Reactions and opinions
Impacts
Emhoff, the husband of former Vice President Kamala Harris, told Willkie’s leadership he disagreed with their decision to seek a deal with the Trump administration, a person familiar with matter told...
From CNN
More than 300 law professors and other legal groups submitted court briefs backing law firm Perkins Coie in its lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's executive order that punished the firm for...
From Reuters
Milbank’s deal deepened a divide in the legal profession, as the firm joined other major U.S. law offices striking settlements with Trump while other firms are suing the administration to block execu...
From Reuters
Read more on News Digest
The major law firm that hired former Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff in January caved to the Trump administration’s demands Tuesday.
Law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher has reached a settlement deal with the Trump administration that will see them provide $100 million in legal services.
The law firm that employs Doug Emhoff is pledging at least $100 million in pro bono legal work for causes aligned with "conservative ideals," Trump said.
Willkie Farr & Gallagher is committing at least $100 million in pro bono work to causes aligned to “conservative ideals,” President Donald Trump said Tuesday.
President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced that he had reached an agreement with the prominent law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher — which employs Doug Emhoff, former vice president Kamala Harris’s husband — making it the third firm to strike a deal with him in as many weeks.
Explore more
This communication, obtained by Law.com, was transmitted from Willkie's executive committee Tuesday afternoon shortly after the firm's deal with the Trump administration.
Willkie, where former Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff practices, had been bracing for a potential executive order issued by the White House, sources say, and had “started to make preparations” and take necessary steps.
The law firm that employs Doug Emhoff, the husband of former Vice President Kamala Harris, is among the next firms that President Donald Trump plans to target with an executive order.