Myanmar earthquake toll crosses 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Highlights
The death toll from the massive earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,085 as search and rescue teams found more bodies, the military-led government said, and humanitarian a...
From The Associated Press
Myanmar's ostracised leader Min Aung Hlaing will leave his disaster-stricken country on Thursday for a rare trip to a regional summit, state TV said, as aid groups called for restrictions to be eased...
From Reuters
Myanmar has observed one minute of silence to mourn those who died from last week's magnitude 7.7 earthquake that killed more than 2,700 people in the country.
From BBC
Read more on News Digest
Myanmar's military rulers have kept journalists out since the devastating earthquake, so CBS News' partners at the BBC went undercover to reveal the scale of the disaster.
Although the official number of dead stands at around 2,000, the military junta has a history of suppressing the scale of national disasters. Here in Thailand's capital Bangkok, meanwhile, dozens of construction workers remain buried under the rubble of a collapsed unfinished skyscraper.